Sunday, December 13, 2009

The eBay rug

I have been searching high and low for an appropriately-priced rug to add a bit of homely warmth to the living room. There was a lovely Persian rug on eBay a few weeks ago that I missed by mere pence. But last week, I got lucky. The lady offered to post the rug, but I, picturing the poor postman struggling under its weight, offered to pick it up, provided it was over the weekend, 'so my husband can help'. We debated whether the rug would fit and debated if measuring the trunk would be necessary. Come Saturday, we both showed up at the seller's door....and she handed me a light, two foot square package. My stomach plummeted as I tried to remember if the description might have been in millimetres instead of centimetres.

However, as you can see, the rug is full sized, just a bit thinner and more supple than I thought it would be.

From Briar Crescent

From Briar Crescent

The overall effect is homely, in the best definition of the word:
From Briar Crescent

No comments:

Post a Comment