Thursday, December 10, 2009

Orange you glad I painted you?

The living room has gone from bare plaster, to white, to a hint of colour over the past few weeks. We have an awful lot of rejected terracotta and orange colours that all turned out much too pink. But, I think we've finally found one that is appropriately orange.

All white:
From Briar Crescent


Pumpkin pie, anyone?
From Briar Crescent

We're still debating how to use the orange--definitely on either side of the fireplace. We both like the fireplace white. But what about the rest of the room? I have concerns that all orange would be overwhelming. White might be a bit too cold.....I'm thinking of ivory on the other walls, but then again, that might be a bit bland. Lukas's preferred option is to have orange again on the wall opposite the fireplace, but I'm worried the white-orange-white-orange might be a bit too reminiscent of a orange cream sickle. Watch this space...

We're also debating the fireplace mantle (my lovely eBay find). I've stripped off one layer of the dark lacquer that was on it, so now we rather like it. But is the overall effect better or worse with it? Hopefully, things will become clearer after Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment