Thursday, July 29, 2010

£25 well spent?

There has been some debate about the wisdom of my latest charity shop purchase. In all honesty, I was a bit unsure about it myself, and ended up spending a good 10 minutes carefully pondering the item while two charity shop volunteers peered over my shoulder and offered advice. In the end, I decided that £25 was manageable for a (possibly photographic/possibly poster) print of Exeter's very own Cathedral.
From Briar Crescent

The main selling points were the frame:
From Briar Crescent

The bumpy glass:
From Briar Crescent

From Briar Crescent

And these three:
From Briar Crescent

A fellow shopper must have overheard my deliberations with the charity shop ladies ('I'm trying to figure out if it's actually a photograph', 'Eh, probably not, dear, but the frame's lovely' - at least they're honest), and mentioned to me as I walked out of the shop, 'It's a photograph. Also, that railing was removed in the 1930s. I would have bought it if you didn't.'

So, there's two of us who think it was a good deal. Other opinions?

No comments:

Post a Comment