Friday, July 2, 2010

Around the house

After a few months of holiday, my love of fixing up the house has returned. I'm storing some of it up for a big wallpaper stripping and painting weekend later this month, but for now, a few nice little things have been changed.

Most notably, we finally put up a curtain in the hallway cupboard area.

Before:
From Briar Crescent

Now:
From Briar Crescent


And, perhaps not terribly spectacular, but I'm currently very happy with my framing efforts. About four months ago, I bought a few scientific prints off eBay. Three months ago, we finally found frames the right size for them at the Recycling Centre, but it wasn't until this past week that I've picked up the paper to back them and got them framed.
Mushrooms:
From Briar Crescent

From Briar Crescent

Rocks and minerals:
From Briar Crescent

(Still waiting to be hung)
From Briar Crescent

I'm considering painting the frames, but for now, I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment