Wednesday, October 13, 2010

L. will no doubt come to regret his decision to buy me a sewing machine

Our house came to us with pleeeenty of curtains. Unfortunately, most of them are very ugly. So, I've been looking for replacements for the past six months, but with very little success. I've been especially keen to replace the 'modesty' curtain in the upstairs hallway -- horrible synthetic mesh with bizarre blue patches. However, I've had no success at all in finding something that would look better....

Until last weekend, when L. bought me my most coveted sewing machine, and I found just the material I was looking for (it was a truly magnificent birthday weekend).

The old curtain served as the pattern....
From Briar Crescent

And then it was a simple matter of hemming and ironing:
From Briar Crescent

And ta-da!
From Briar Crescent


From Briar Crescent


Our modesty is now preserved in style!

No comments:

Post a Comment