Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Lean-to re-build: job done....mostly

Well, the lean-to is almost done. The plaster has been applied....
From Briar Crescent


From Briar Crescent
And dried oh, so slowly! I was itching to paint, but was a good DIY-er and waited until it was appropriately dry. But it was a very slow process.

From Briar Crescent
In the meantime, I sanding the brick wall a bit so the wall would look much nicer when we paint over the horrible green.

From Briar Crescent
But, as you can see, some imperfections stayed.

From Briar Crescent
Here is the first coat of white. I had to water down the paint a bit to encourage it to fill all the little holes and cracks.

From Briar Crescent
And last night, I finally got the whole room painted.

From Briar Crescent
Two coats, and still a little patchy.

From Briar Crescent
And the green still glows through a bit....

From Briar Crescent

But, I'm going to leave it for now until we decide on a colour. I thought we might keep it white, to make it nice and bright, but, well, the white is actually too bright and my eyes are even wistfully thinking back to the horrid green....
From Briar Crescent
But for now, it'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment