Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What is it? Part II

This autumn, to our knowledge, our pond hosted four fish (one orange, two white and the mysterious black fish that only L. saw) and a frog. Unfortunately, the only time I saw the frog was after the pond froze over completely and the poor chap was floating, outstretched, in a watery purgatory. It was a very sad day, and I felt our pond had lost some of its charm due to its froglessness.

However, it seems that was not indeed the case. This afternoon, I went out to feed the fish and this is what was floating on top:
From Briar Crescent

Preliminary research seems to suggest these are frog eggs. It would seem we have at least one more frog and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a male frog has done his duty, and that we will soon have many little frogs....this is almost as good as a puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment