Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Creatures of the garden

My poor rose has been beset with aphids
From Briar Crescent

From Briar Crescent

And after an unsuccessful attempt to recruit a ladybug to my aid, I was reduced to squishing them and muttering.
Meanwhile, because we are a sadistic couple, L. was a few feet away, torturing the snails (which have also invaded the garden).
Rolled over:
From Briar Crescent

Sliming his way off the hot rock:
From Briar Crescent

One fell in the pond:
From Briar Crescent

And impressed us both with his survival skills:
From Briar Crescent

Safe!
From Briar Crescent

And finally, I may have conquered the aphids, but now there is a mysterious sticky substance on the rose's leaves....
From Briar Crescent

I would say it is the blood of the aphids....but I can attest to the fact that that is green....

No comments:

Post a Comment