Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fish plates

I am now the proud owner of no less than seven (7!) glass fish plates.

It started innocently enough. While walking past the local charity shop, I thought I'd stop in to see if there was anything of interest. And behold! there was, in the form of a bizarrely interesting, large, glass fish plate.
From Briar Crescent

So, I asked the nice charity shop lady how much it was. 'Oh!' she said, 'Didn't you see? It's part of a set.'
From Briar Crescent

Yes, friends and family, a set of no less than seven fish plates. 'Hum,' I said. 'I don't know if I'll be able to use seven of these things.'

'That's easy - just invite friends 'round for dinner!' she replied, now looking at me a bit suspiciously, as if I perhaps the sum of all my friends was less than the sum of all the fish plates.
From Briar Crescent

Hopefully, that isn't the case as I now have a whole school of lovely - albeit a bit weird - glass plates.
From Briar Crescent

No comments:

Post a Comment