Saturday, September 25, 2010

Floors in a night

Starting at 6 last night, I decided to get the floor varnished. I've been watching the bare wood get dirtier and dirtier, and every time I see a new footprint, I think how much of a pain it's going to be to get it clean. Last night was one new footprint too many.

So, out came the electric hand sander and my trusty brush.

Bare wood before (in the dying evening light):
From Briar Crescent

10 hours and four coats later:
From Briar Crescent

From Briar Crescent

And later this morning, after the final polish, we have a nicely protected floor:
From Briar Crescent


And in other happy news, I was rooting around in the shed yesterday and what should I find but the remnants from our kitchen countertop! I believe we have the solution to the problem of hiding the washing machine! (More on this later...)
From Briar Crescent

No comments:

Post a Comment