Monday, August 16, 2010

Storage success (or, why L. might seem a little jittery lately)

Tired of dealing with lumpy sugar and soggy flour, I've been looking for airtight storage options. Fortunately, I have found a solution that is free, thanks to L.'s fondness for coffee. The preferred brand comes in jars like this:
From Briar Crescent

Stripped of its label, the jar looks rather like the £8 storage jars I've been admiring at Habitat.
From Briar Crescent

Having encouraged L.'s caffeine consumption, I now have a nice collection.
From Briar Crescent

While the lentils are pretty distinct, cornflour, self-rising flour and standard flour look fairly similar, which could pretty easily spell cooking catastrophe. I'm sure those who consume our cooking will be pleased to learn that a solution has presented itself in the form of an accidental discovery - it seems the plastic seal pops off with the careful application of a blunt knife.
From Briar Crescent

Half an hour later...
From Briar Crescent

And we now have jars that are as informative as they are cheap, and I'm a happy cook.
From Briar Crescent

No comments:

Post a Comment