Monday, August 23, 2010

Lean-to re-build days 2-3: the digging

We were, I must say, a little shocked to discover that the extent of the old lean-to's foundations amounted to this:
From Briar Crescent

As we value the continued stability and longevity of our little project, the foundations Paul-the-builder has dug for us go a bit deeper. End of day 2:
From Briar Crescent

From Briar Crescent

End of day 3:
From Briar Crescent

From Briar Crescent

From Briar Crescent

We're really pleased with him so far and more than a little impressed that he's even constructed a makeshift bulwark for the soil he's dug out.

From Briar Crescent
On a related note, I've found a new TV addiction called 'Help my house is falling down', and, as luck would have it, the latest episode has been about a family whose extension (built on top of 6 metres of sludge) is sinking away from the rest of the house. So, as you can imagine, I was feeling both a little pleased with myself and a little nervous as I asked Paul about the composition of our soil. Fortunately, it seems we have a decently hard clay, so with any luck, we'll avoid being the subject of the next series.

No comments:

Post a Comment